Wednesday, April 11, 2007


I find myself frequently comparing the men in my life to characters from Sex and the City…is he a Richard or a Smith? A Steve or a Big? Which category he falls into somehow seems to dictate how I treat him. Oversimplified? Perhaps, but certainly a fun way to weather the constantly changing climate of my current sexual storm. So as long as we’re playing this game, where do I fit? That was always an easier conclusion to come to, simple really. I place myself somewhere in between Samantha and Carrie, a fusion of one character’s curious and questioning approach to herself and her relationships and the other’s uncomplicated independence. At least with the close of the series, all ends well because of not despite each character’s respective trials and tribulations, mistakes and moments of happiness. I can only but trust that my fate will be similar and venture fearlessly into the future…

No comments:

sitemeter