Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Recently I have been studying the latest collection of writings by Dr. Wayne Dyer in which he focuses on Inspiration, theorizing that each individual has an area of life to which they are called, and within which, they are in complete connection to their Source energy.
In tandem with Dr. Dyer’s theories, I would like to share a beautiful thing that happened today:

Following a wonderful hour spent in central park with my current novel of choice (Gone With the Wind) I was leisurely strolling back downtown via Fifth Avenue. It was right by Bergdorfs that my phone rang, alerting me to the call of one of my favorite people in this world.
She was calling with beautiful news; she has been inspired.
I heard in her voice a clarity and centeredness that had never before been present. It is obvious that she has found her calling, the Universe sent it to her and she was present enough to hear it.
It is often the case that inspiration frees up an individual’s energy, allowing them to see clearly the path they must pursue in order to manifest their destiny. Inspired souls perceive exactly who and what will enable the process that they have been stirred to undertake, as well as who will be a hindrance. As my friend spoke to me, it was clear that she understands who will be unnecessary along her path, whereas in the past, such as not been so clear. In accordance with inspiration, my beautiful friend discovered that people or things that once seemed needed are in reality, illusions.
What really put the icing on the whole inspired cake for me was when my girl told me that this revelation came to her at two a.m., a time of day which I have often felt the clearest connection to my Source. Rumi theorized that between the hours of two and four a.m. we are indeed, closest to our origin. As he wrote so many years ago, “the morning breezes have secrets to tell us, do not go back to sleep, do not go back to sleep.”

Likewise, as the great Indian teacher Patanjali once said, “ when you are inspired…dormant forces, faculties, and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you every dreamed yourself to be”

1 comment:

Jamila said...

That I often now slumber in the wee hours noawadays as I have joined the adult working force saddens me; a little emptiness grows where 2 a.m. ideas once filled my soul with their lovely chorus. And in the haze of morning traffic a tiredness pervades; not the tiredness from lack of sleep, but a more disturbing exhaustion that comes from the boredom of normalcy.

Can't wait for the wonderdrug that eliminates the mind and body's need for sleep!

sitemeter