Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So the other morning I had this crazy experience…I awoke at a leisurely hour and rolled, half asleep, out of bed. As I headed towards the lu I had a half-conscious memory flash in the form of an obscure but recognizable image that projected itself across the forefront of my mind for a split second. In it I saw a curled up cat in a dimly lit room, set upon a window sill that overlooked a rainy outdoor setting. This flash of recollection startled me as it was at once opaque and intensely familiar. I quickly scribbled it down in my journal and spent the rest of the day mulling over where it could have come from. Acting on a hunch that said image had originated from some sort of cinematic experience I turned to youtube and, after many hours, found it’s source.




Upon stumbling upon the above clip I knew at once it was correct. What is more, as I watched the film, I found I knew it completely, singing along with whole songs and recalling with glee the names of pivotal characters. In short, am delighted, not only because I have reclaimed a movie that was central to my childhood (it is so fitting-watch and see) but also because I’ve been left to wonder what other treasures of love and loss and memory I’ve tucked away in my mind….to be continued I am sure….

No comments:

sitemeter