Thursday, January 03, 2008

What does cold feel like?

I thought about that a bit today, sitting in the 86th street station, waiting for the one train and freezing my little tush off. Creating a definition provided a few minutes distraction from the prickling numbness in my fingers and toes and I settled upon the establishment of the feeling of cold as frustration. Yes, it's the annoyance that goes alongside the ability of an exterior force to touch below your skin and penetrate places that you yourself cannot. That’s what cold is to me anyways, a ripping through my external cells that I oftentimes find quite angering and inspiring of angry yells at oncoming winds, or a propensity to burrow beneath the many layers of scarves and shawls that I am prone to piling atop myself when winter weather strikes, showing only my eyeballs in an attempt to preserve the bare skin beneath from the forced caresses of oncoming wind

No comments:

sitemeter